Did New York Giants defensive lineman Dexter Lawrence really go offsides on the second-to-last play in Thursday night’s 30-29 loss to the Washington Football Team?

The answer to that question depends on who you ask. Or what camera angle you view. Or which player you choose to listen to.

“Not really,” Lawrence told reporters on Friday when asked if believed a penalty had been committed. “I didn’t see the yellow flags, honestly. My opinion, it really doesn’t matter. We lost the game and the refs called what they called. So, we’ve just got to move on, shake it off and get ready for next week.

“That’s on me. I’ve got to be more disciplined in that time at the end of the game like that in a critical situation. That’s why I’m on the field. It was unfortunate to have it happen then, and he missed it, but I’ve just got to do better.”

Ultimately, Lawrence admits, his opinion doesn’t matter,

“I mean, that doesn’t really matter I don’t think. Like I said, my opinion doesn’t matter right now,” he said.

But many share his opinion, including former Giants kicker Lawrence Tynes.

The league disagrees with Tynes and Lawrence, and will offer the Giants no such apology.

As Mike Florio of Pro Football Points out, the NFL’s decision to leak a statement through a league-friendly reporter is an interesting one. They offered no official public statement nor have they released any video proving Lawrence was offsides.

And if you had any thoughts of trying to see it through the eyes of All-22, good luck. That remains unavailable to media and fans alike.

Fans have attempted to break down the NFL Network feed going frame-by-frame. The more things are slowed down, the more muddled the arguments become.

It’s important to remember that the call on the field was offsides, not a neutral zone infraction. It’s almost as if Lawrence’s get-off was too perfectly timed. It was a bang-bang play and the officials decided to throw the flag.